Friday, July 8, 2011

Bear's Oh My!

July 2011

Bears and more bears. We got pictures of two. They have both been teenagers or yearlings, kicked out of the den because new cubs came along. They are black bears. Yesterday , one came right by my front porch. I had church music playing on the speakers outside. He came slowly, stopped by the front step and I said “ Hi there, glad you came to visit” . He cocked his head and looked at me, then went on his way. Robert was on all sides of our trailer snapping pictures.

Last Saturday they caught a lighter colored one, looked like Winnie the Pooh. He was also in our camp. The forest service came and took him to another mountain range far away, so he couldn’t find his way back. We called him Yogi. Yesterday’s bear is Toby,

Toby went into a cabin where the girls had just gotten here, left the door open and went to orientation. They had their sack lunches in their gear. He had a feast.

We are in the middle of lots of girls, families and our children coming up here. Busy!!!!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be so scared, but that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete